We strive to achieve the following objectives:
- Apply knowledge gained in the diagnosis, management and prevention of health problems affecting communities.
- Contribute actively to the promotion and maintenance of good health, and prevention of ill health.
- Acquire, evaluate and communicate health care information appropriately.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions used in dealing with community health problems.
- Apply cutting edge research methodologies in identifying and managing health problems.
- Plan and implement training/educational programmes for the community and health workers.
- Maintain high level professional ethics.